(to the tune of: What?s Love Got to do with it!)
We all have a stress formula
- I am so stressed out, there?s no way I have time for my yoga
- I?ve had a long day at work, I?ll just grab fast food or pizza for dinner on the way
- I can?t wait for that glass of wine, I?ve had such a stressful
- I?m so stressed with planning this event at my company, I?ll get to cooking healthier meals for myself when it?s
- I?m so stressed at work, I don?t have time to work out today
- I?m so stressed with planning this event, I?ll get to cooking health meals for myself when it?s
- I had such a stressful day, I better relax, rest a bit rather than get my walk in.
Don?t most of us just think that Stess=an expected non-healthy behavior? Why?
I think that we think it is love. I think we believe that we are giving ourselves the gift of self-care. We let ourselves off the hook and engage in eating and drinking that soothes us or we choose inactivity in order to try to calm down.
I?m all for the soothing, believe me. But if your goal is to lose weight, live a healthier life and you are even suffering health issues because you?re carrying around too many pounds, this is NOT love!!!! In fact, you might be causing yourself more stress because you are putting off taking care of yourself. Which in turn??you guessed it?..can cause us to overeat.
Listen to what your BODY wants to do about the stress.?
What would be a truly loving and healthy way of caring for it?
*Yoga might just be the gift that helps you transition from a big day at the office to getting home to care for your family.
*Cooking a simple meal when you get home might actually help you to calm you down.
*Continuing your healthy routine during a busy project might help you to feel more in control and even perform better at work.
* Use that healthy meal delivery when work is on overdrive.
*Take note of healthy take out options as go to?s when needed.
These are simply patterns that perhaps aren?t serving you. As you try new things, ask yourself:
What is the loving thing to do for my body, my health and my well being when I?m feeling stress?
I mean really: What?s love got to do, got to do with it!! EVERYTHING!!