What would you have to give up to believe to make space for possibility?
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- When you experience possibility as an emotion it creates excitement and is so mind opening and creative.
- No matter what your goals, your vision are, what if you took all of the action, did all of your planning from an attitude & emotion of Possibility.
- There is so much wisdom when we get out of our head, slow down just for a quick minute and answer future oriented questions in the emotion of possibility.
Featured on the Show:
- Leave comments below this post or email me at? email@example.com
- Join the Well CEO Newsletter here
There is something I have learned, in my own self development journey and now from the group experience I led on a recent retreat. You will learn a lot from the podcast and can use it as a compressed retreat experience.
Possibility creates……..Ease, Motivation, Ideas, Solutions…….I can go on and on.
Why isn’t it our natural Go To? When we set new goals our brain does a much better job of telling us that it won’t work vs giving us ideas on what will.
Possibility the way I define it, is an emotion and a decision. When you experience possibility as an emotion it creates excitement and is so mind opening and creative. Possibility is also a decision. A decision to believe in our goals in an open ended and positive way.
I do a LOT of work helping clients get beliefs and thoughts out of their way so they can move forward with more ease. Hey I do a lot in my own life around this!! This is great and necessary work. But there is another way to get moving more quickly. I really think these work in tandem.
I set an intention in this retreat all with the focus of What is Possible? No matter what your goals, your vision are, what if you took all of the action, did all of your planning from an attitude & emotion of Possibility.
I must say, we did it for one day, and it not only felt amazing, I could literally taste the shift in my clients. What an honor. You could see their creative juices flowing and an ability to set 2-3 to do’s to take steps forward right away.
So, for you, what IF that big hairy goal, that new program you’re promoting, that desire to bring on 10 new ideal clients, ANY financial goal, What if it was entirely & totally possible? What would you be doing now?
Before your mind gets practical and talks you OUT of your big desire for growth this year…… let me share a process with you that you can apply RIGHT now. I highly recommend asking these questions as you do your planning OR make decisions about how to spend your time.
First, What would you have to give up to believe to make space for possibility? Another way to ask this, what do you have to ‘say no to’ create space for what’s possible?
Is it ‘playing it safe’?
Is it feeling like you’re in control?
Is it believing that financial growth = hours of work (and there aren’t any left?
Is it ‘worry’?
What would you have to give up, let go of, to create a mental space for thinking more about what is possible vs all of the problems in your business?
Next, what would your future self say?
In the retreat we had the luxury of a guided meditation to calm down our bodies and minds so we could access our own answers, our own wisdom.
Those experiences are helpful but I don’t believe we need 20-30 minutes to access the wisdom of our gut or our future self.
If you simply get in a comfortable chair, and focus on your breathing and slow down for just a few minutes, you can access a lot of your wisdom, that space I call your Future self. We truly have all of the answers, it is simply a matter of accessing your wisdom from ALL of your life experience and your vision of the future.
OK, one more slow breath, focus on inhaling and exhaling at the same rate.
- What do I need to be most aware of to get me to where I am now (present) to my future in 10 years?
- What would be most helpful for me to know?
- What do I need to believe about myself to move forward?
These are great questions to ask ourselves all of the time.
Now bring this to the present, what are 3 things you can focus on in your business that align with believing that your goals are REALLY going to happen?
Where can you raise the volume and share your expertise/business in a broader way?
What ONE self care practice supports your future goals?
What is one RADICAL step you need to take to support this goal?
Again, there is so much wisdom when we get out of our head, slow down just for a quick minute and answer future oriented questions in the emotion of possibility.
- It uses a creative part of our brain, it doesn’t ignore obstacles but ALSO it doesn’t focus on them. It bypasses worry and frustration with all that is coming at you as an owner.
- It gives us a feeling of excitement and momentum, it creates motivation.
- Our mind has a HUGE capacity, we haven’t tapped the surface, dig in and let your brain do it’s work
- when we think, inquire and intentionally problem solve/plan in this way we tap EVERYTHING we have done so far. It bypasses our focus on problem solving urgent matters, the execution of our business to looking ahead to growth minded ideas.
I want to share a real life example from one of my clients. This client is in the beginning days of starting their business and she discovered this quickly. Her mind is offering a lot of drama (TOTALLY NORMAL) We’ve been on calls digging into what her mind is believing right now. Excavating the bs thoughts.
I’m so glad I had this help and now help fellow new owners navigate this space.
She said that this past week she had an epiphany (in the shower) yes the best meditative space. And said NO, enough! I want to create this business with Ease, Peace and elegance. I can choose that now.
Because she hopped over to thinking in possibility, the rest of our session, she was able to make some great decisions on what to do next and was excited about the future.
It’s so fun to watch, better yet, it is so fun to experience.
Running a business can be hard but That is a thought. What if running a business could be fun, have more ease and serve our lives vs run us ragged. I totally believe it is Possible. Of course I do.
- Set a timer for 5 minutes: Get calm in quiet, inquire your own wisdom. Just breathe, let the distracting thoughts remind you to just breathe.
- Write down your specific goal (30 day goal or 90 day goal)
- If this goal were possible, what would I be doing today? Do that!
JOIN me let’s invest in the possibility of our future goals.
Let’s double down on giving ourselves permission for our ambitions and point our minds towards CREATIVITY, MOTIVATION and an AMAZING FUTURE.
I’m all in . . . . . .
I’m giving myself a 30 day challenge and doing this every morning.
I’ll report back on the June 5th podcast.
What can you create? If you did the same. I cannot wait to hear.
Oh my friends, as the economy wakes up, as we get back to travel and all of the distractions, invest the time needed to
Remember You are really doing a GREAT job!!!