Have you ever set huge expectations for yourself in front of others and simply failed to deliver on them? I had my eyes on big things for myself in May in terms of client engagement, but things didn’t go exactly as planned. It’s easy to heap negativity on ourselves in these times, feeling like an imposter and a fool for even sharing your goals in the first place. We just want to hide, right?
This week has been an emotional rollercoaster for me and I’m sharing the highs and the lows with you. This is a story of shame and regret initially but feeds into some wonderful lessons on inspired self-care, self-love, and self-acceptance. We can be our own harshest critic with the most clouded judgment… without questioning ourselves, we will never see the results we desire.
Join me in this episode and discover some amazing tools you can apply in your life and business when you’re not getting the results you expect. Instead of shame-spirals and internalizing your disappointment, I’m imparting some questions for you to answer, moving you from feeling gut-wrenching shame to exuding the passion that lies within.
Email me for my two-day business retreat plan!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why pushing ourselves can freak us out a little.
- How a constructive conversation can help perspective.
- Why we can’t trust our first thoughts after a shame-dive.
- Three steps to healing your soul after disappointment.
- Why we revert to negative self-assessment when fail moments occur.
- How to bust your fail-bubble every time.
- The power of these questions: What is amazing? What is badass about this? What is courageous about the goal you set? What is beautiful about this? What is good about this?
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
Leave comments below this post or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get on the list for my FREE Mindset Booklet!
- Like my Facebook page to watch my Facebook Live videos.
- Diana Murphy Coaching on YouTube
- Sign up for my Free Video Series: Empowered Wellness Now
- Please take a minute to leave a rating or review on iTunes today
- Brené Brown’s TED Talk – Listening to Shame
- The Gifts of Imperfection by Brené Brown
- Daring Greatly by Brené Brown
- Super Soul Sunday – Brené Brown
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!