OK my friends, how much can we take? Well if 2020 is any indication of our resilience as human beings, we can take quite a bit.
But it takes a toll.
When the news can’t be any more frightening, it becomes more frightening. I live in Atlanta, so it is up close and personal. My husband works in a non profit for 1st responders so we are IN IT with our hearts and emotions. I couldn’t love my city more so I realize I’m just heartbroken that my Atlantans are feeling so much pain.
I want to tell you, however you are reacting to the current events, do NOT judge yourself harshly. Some of you are pulling away, others are taking a lot of action and speaking up, others are having conversations with their families, some are moving their focus to something else so that they can function.
None of these responses are wrong, we all have developed coping mechanisms. They are there to be helpful.
What I have realized during this year we’re calling 2020, is that these events are NOT bringing up anything new in my life, they are simply magnifying and revealing my mindset and beliefs in a clear way.
OK, when I stepped into 2020 on January 1st, my intention was to magnify what I was doing.
SOME of this I did not ask for:
Magnify my desire to flee when I crave to connect.
Magnify my fear that political differences would test my unconditional love for my family.
Magnify my need to slow down to live in a way that is healthy.
Magnify my fears around my future.
Magnify my need to run for comfort vs being honest with my emotions.
Magnify my need to step into my own leadership to create this business.
Running your own business or serving as a leader is not for the faint of heart.
What I want to encourage you to do, with everything you’ve got, is take care of that leader’s heart.
- Pay attention to how you are feeling. Give yourself space to process these strong emotions.
- Invest time in places and people that rejuvenate you.
- Plan your week in a way that allows time with your loved ones to rest up for what is next.
- Notice the should’s and self critical voice and let that go.
- Make decisions out of what you KNOW is right for you and take action.
- Do your work, let the awareness of the thoughts that aren’t serving you.
- Share your experiences with those you trust.
Would you like more clarity so you can take action? Is it time to get clear on how you can move forward powerfully as the leader that you know you are? Click Here