I?ve been noticing something.
Fierceness, that brave energy you create believing in your dreams, getting up every day in a ?new world? of quarantine and bad news. Serving your clients, nurturing your family & getting up every day in this new normal. That amazing courage and boldness that you use for good?it can turn to self-criticism and negativity on a dime! Am I right??
We are living in a world with a lot of ?triggers? so our emotions can tend to feel much like a roller coaster. And they aren?t all down. We are builders and achievers so we keep revving back up and going at it again. The?big?ups and downs will wear you out.
What is up? And what is Powerfully True?
- We are in a day to day environment that is causing a LOT of thoughts.
- Our brains were wired this way to avoid physical danger.?
- When our brain senses ANY kind of danger (even just mental) it overreacts a bit.
- All thoughts create an emotion.?
- Our experience is normal at 50/50 of positive and negative emotion.
- You don?t have to feel 90/10, ever, even now.
- You can choose the thoughts to believe and?bring to the front of our mind?more often.?
- Choose?well my friends and you?ll stop feeling like you are on a roller coaster ride.
- We can get sassy?with our minds and talk back.?
- We can choose?the type of roller coaster we ride by managing our beliefs. THINK Kiddie Coaster vs the Dare Devil version!!!!
When you notice your heart drop with another bit of news? And you notice the negative brain drama in your head and that awful sensation in your gut? And that voice that has a litany of bad things to say about you and your situation??…I implore you to. This is self-compassion at it?s fiercest.
STOP and INTERRUPT?
It might sound a little crazy but it is time for us to STEP UP and interrupt our ugly thinking by TALKING BACK TO OUR BRAIN.
My new favorite sassy reaction:?
“Your opinion is noted!! HOWEVER, we are believing something grander for our future”
I’m encouraging you to slow down in those gut wrenching moments and TALK BACK! Yes, interrupt your brain and take your power back.
I think that courageous, ambitious, leaders are more susceptible to this than ever. We have quick, smart minds, but left in full reactive mode is not good for our souls.
Wanna become a ninja at noticing and turning around the crappy thinking?
Just stop the next time you feel a gut punch emotion and talk back. I dare ya in the most loving way ever. Try it.?
I?m right here, tap my shoulder if you have any questions.