If there is just one thing, one reason I?m a coach in this world of weight loss, it would be this: No one should be in pain because they are carrying around more weight than they?d like to. No one!!!!!! That pain is all wrapped around what we are saying to ourselves or how we are defining ourselves around losing weight & dieting.
How do I know? Because that?s what I have done for the majority of my life!!!
How do we get out of it?
Try These Steps?
- Look at the way that you are speaking to yourself concerning your weight and losing weight. Be honest. Ooooh, pretty ugly yes?
- Would you speak to anyone else you care about in this way?
- STOP IT!!! In a way, it is as simple as this. Stop giving yourself permission to beat yourself up, or judge yourself about your weight. It?s not working, trust me!
- Replace a judging attitude with an attitude of, ?I?m just going to start with one thing. I know I can do that!?
- Choose one small area of self-care that you know deserves your attention: Rest, Fuel, Movement, Time to yourself. Choose Just One. Choose because you want to, not because you should.
- This week make a small shift in one area and repeat it at least 3 times this week.
Here are some ideas:
- Put yourself to bed earlier
- Try taking a catnap in the afternoon (hide in your car if you have to!!)
- Shop fresh a couple of times this week
- Set the table for dining (as often as you can)
- Go take a fresh air walk
- Take some quiet time in the morning to sort your thoughts
- Set aside 15 minutes to read that book you?ve been dying to read
- You got this? choose something simple that you want to do for yourself!!!
Provide new evidence that you not only can take care of yourself but you are worth it. It?s the key to break through in this area of your life.
Until next time,
Now enrolling for my new program BARE, click here for more information.
Want to learn more food tools and lose some weight, for good? Click Here.
Want to receive weekly notes like this? Just click here to sign up.