We’re fast approaching the end of summertime and I’m sure you’ve had some wonderful vacations. But how do we deal with that post-indulgence funk we find ourselves in at this time of year? Even if we haven’t taken a trip anywhere particularly exciting, we catch ourselves being unenthusiastic about cooking healthy meals and going to the gym.
It can take most of the fall to get back to our old selves, and that’s why I created this episode. Putting ourselves through a cycle of shame and regret will not help us get back to the person we were in a hurry. Instead, I’m providing some scenarios and small mental exercises, helping you ask yourself the right questions in getting to the bottom of the negative thoughts that follow summer.
Tune in this week to turn the second half of the year around, getting excited about the workouts and wonderful wholesome foods that are waiting for you when you come home. This is something I struggled with for years, so I’m sharing my favorite turnaround tactics for when you’re feeling off-track with your health and fitness.
If you’d like to dig into this method of evaluating your results on anything, download my all-encompassing worksheet to move towards the results that you want to see in your life.
And if you want to be the first to know about my FREE fall training, click here!
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why being “off track” is nothing more than a thought.
- How vacations affect our ability to sustain solid food and movement rules upon return.
- Why our brains love all-or-nothing thinking in difficult times.
- 3 great questions to help assess where you are post-vacation.
- The role compassion plays in this process.
- Why judging ourselves gets in the way of our ability to make good choices.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
Leave comments below this post or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Get on the list for my FREE Mindset Booklet!
- Like my Facebook page to watch my Facebook Live videos.
- Diana Murphy Coaching on YouTube
- Sign up for my Free Video Series: Empowered Wellness Now
- Download this episode’s free worksheet!
- Ep #9: Exercises Should Be Fun
- Ep #10: Physical Vs Emotional Hunger
- Ep #11: Slow and Savor
- Ep #12: Fuel Testing
- Sign up to be the first to know about my free Fall training!
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!