Is overwhelm inevitable?
NO! (It sure seems like it though!!!)
Overwhelm is an emotion created by our thoughts.
There are some really common ones that we are believing are true.?
(Hint: THEY ARE LIES)
- I don?t have enough time
- I don?t know how
- There?s too much to do
- I?m not good enough
We wear ourselves out with these thoughts. Because FEELING overwhelmed is really tiring. It isn?t productive. It can kill our motivation.
Spending a lot of time in overwhelm is a dream killer, goal buster and self-care saboteur. Believe me I know!!!
When we keep believing those (see above) types of thoughts, this happens:
- We don?t spend time where it is important to our goals
- We spin in confusion
- We start with the easy tasks instead of the important knees
- THEN we start believing that our goals are not possible.
There is only one way to solve this problem.
Managing your mind at a level that is so powerful that you learn to call your mind?s bluff every time you hear that crappy voice:
- You?ll never get there
- That will take to long
- You need to pull back?
You?ll start saying things like:
- I am taking these 3 steps this months towards this goal NO MATTER WHAT
- I am committed.
- I?m learning how to grow my business.
- I have everything I need.
- My business is working.
This is the best news ever. NOTHING has to change, except your mind.?
TAKE THE CHALLENGE:
1. Watch for the crappy/innocent thinking that makes you feel overwhelmed.?
2. Take a breath and shift to a better thought.?
3. Start watching your energy change.
4. Rinse and repeat.
Overwhelm is normal, but it is just a set of emotions. Our thoughts create those emotions. You?re in control EVERY SINGLE TIME.