We are going back to normal . . . well, we certainly are back to being able to travel, dine inside restaurants, and see friends and family. But what is normal, anyway?
I am sensing the invitation to return to an old pattern, are you?
This is mine: “Busy”, “Filling the calendar”, “ Yes to all invitations” — when in reality what I’ve loved this last year has been . . .
• Slowing down to do more of what I love.
• Creating margin in my work calendar.
• Spending time in ways that have nothing to do with my business.
There are some ways I’m honoring this learning, but I can see very key places that I’m about to make a lot of knee jerk yeses to invitations to do it all.
I love doing it all. The problem is . . . it doesn’t create what I really want. A marriage where I am in touch with my partner, work weeks where I don’t feel like my hair is on fire, time to slow down and catch up with friends.
I’m holding on tight and managing all of my FOMO energy and that sneaky belief that hustle is the way to get what I want. It never has been. I don’t know why I believe my mind around this, seriously. I’m doubling down on slow and steady and doing work in spaces that are important. Really important.
How about you?
How can you hold onto what you most want around the new normal?
- Create awareness. What do you love doing? Where do you need margin?
- Allow the discomfort when you do what you really want.
- Step into your new routine and evaluate what it is creating in your life.
- Stop explaining your no’s. Say “Hell Yes” and go!
Remember: You’re doing a really amazing job!